Testing with Accommodations
Tests are administered in Learning Support Services (LSS) for students who have registered in LSS with a documented disability and have been approved for accommodations. The following may be included:
- Extended test taking time
- Proctored in a location where distractions are reduced
- Use of assistive technology
Students have the option of taking tests in the classroom, in LSS or at the Testing Center. Only LSS can provide a reader or scribe as accommodations. Extended test time may be provided by instructors in the classroom or using online testing platforms (Blackboard or Examity). It is recommended that extended time for on campus classroom tests are conducted in LSS to ensure students are provided the full approved extended time period.
When students schedule a classroom test in LSS they are to notify the instructor of the date and time of the testing appointment. Tests may be conducted remotely or face to face for classes conducted on campus.
The instructor then:
- Completes a Test Instructions Form for each test.
- Delivers the test and Test Instructions Form to LSS Testing Specialist at least one day prior to the student's testing appointment.
- Indicates on the Test Instructions Form whether a completed test will be picked up by the instructor or delivered to the instructor's mailbox by LSS staff.
Hours for dropping off and picking up tests in LA 104 are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday until 6 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Monday & Friday
(tests must be completed by 11:45 a.m.)
- 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
(tests must be completed 4:45 p.m.)
If you have questions please contact both Testing Specialists:
Direct Phone: 734-477-8781 or ext. 8781
Main Office Phone: 734-973-3342
Location: Liberal Arts Building, LA 104
Complete the Test Instructions Form.