Resolve Your Unpaid Balance

There are many reasons you might accrue an unpaid balance:

Your unpaid balance will not disappear. If you fail to pay your student account bill or any money you owe by the scheduled due date, AND you fail to make acceptable payment arrangements to bring your account current, we may refer your delinquent account to a collection agency. Your delinquent account may be reported to one or more of the national credit bureaus.

Don’t let this happen to you! If you find yourself in with an unpaid balance, take action and follow the steps necessary to resolve it:

Step 1

Make an appointment with a collections specialist at WCC. Bring sufficient funds for a down payment of at least 50% of your balance. We accept cash, money orders, or credit cards.

Step 2

Set up a repayment plan and stick with it. As long as you have an unpaid balance, you may not be able to register or get transcripts at WCC. We will work with you to tailor a plan to your resources. You may have to sit out 1 or 2 semesters depending on your balance.

Step 3

Contact the Financial Aid office if your balance is caused by a reduction or reversal of financial aid.

Step 4

Don’t give up! We’re here to help. If you have unexpected roadblocks, contact us and we’ll work with you.

Take the
Next Step