In support of our students and employees who are nursing mothers, three lactation rooms are available for use. The rooms offers a secure and private place for the mother to express milk for their nursing children.
To make arrangements to use one of the lactation rooms:
- Employees should contact Human Resources (HR) via phone at 734-973-3684, email, or in person in Business Education Building, room 120
- Students should contact the Student Resources Center (SRC) on the second floor of the Student Center building or via phone at 734-677-5102.
The lactation rooms are available for both day and evening hours.
Guidelines for using the Lactation Room
- There are three lactation rooms, one in each of the Crane Liberal Arts and Science Building (LA), the Business Education Building (BE), and the Morris Lawrence Building (ML).
- Space is available for one nursing mother. Room use will be scheduled by HR or the SRC based on request.
- You may access up to three times per day for approximately 15-20 minutes each visit. If additional time is needed, please discuss your individual needs with either the SRC or HR when you initially request to use the room.
- If you anticipate using the room in the evening, ask the staff person how to access the room after 5 p.m. when you initially request to use the room.
- The room may only be used for its intended use. It may not be used as a study room, gathering space, or lounge.
- Other individuals and acquaintances are not permitted in the room.