Personal Support

student walking in Student Center lobby

Sometimes life presents challenges that—if left unattended—could put your educational success at risk. That’s why support at WCC comes in many forms. No matter what you’re facing, it doesn’t have to derail your plans.


Personal Finances

Need help with your personal finances? You can get assistance with paying for childcare and books, learning financial skills, or a grant to cover financial emergencies.

Student Emergency Fund

WCC has a Student Emergency fund to assist students with rent, security deposits, utilities, technology issues like laptops.


WCC Emergency food pantry

Don’t let hunger take your mind off your studies. Our emergency food pantry supplies free staples and hygiene products.

Other food resources

Food and Other Resources (F.O.R.) Helpline 1-888-544-8773 (Operated by the Food Bank Council of Michigan (FBCM))

Food Assistance Program (FAP) - (apply for food benefits here-all CTE students are eligible, you may be too!)

Visit for a complete list of open food sites and hours

Summer Food: for information about free summer meals for kids.

Mental Health

Personal counseling

Take control of your emotional health: check out all the counseling resources at your disposal, including licensed counselors who are available to meet with you 1-on-1, and our after-hours service  WCC 4YOU counseling service, available 24/7/365.  There is a real live person that can talk with you right now! 833 WCC4YOU : 1-833-922-4968


Warmline is peer-run for mental health needs during COVID-19. Operates seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. at 1-888-PEER-753 (1-888-733-7753).


Personal Safety

Our Public Safety personnel patrol campus and are ready to assist you if you need a security escort, help with your car, medical attention, and more. Learn more about safety support on campus.

Sexual misconduct

Any form of sexual misconduct is unwelcome on our campus. Learn what constitutes sexual misconduct, how to protect yourself, and what your rights are.

Student Resource Center

Start at the SRC if you have unmet personal, financial, or academic needs. Our staff will talk with you 1-on-1 to understand your situation and connect you to resources. The SRC has funds for attendance costs like tuition, books, required supplies for occupational courses. Contact the Student Resource Center, or call 734-677-5105 for an appointment.


Collegiate Recover Program

Don’t let addiction steal your life. We are focused on helping students transition into the college community and succeed in the college environment while maintaining sobriety. Learn more about support and our weekly meetings.

Understand the harmful effects of drug and alcohol abuse and find help.


Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC): 734-961-1999

Discounted Medications


There are still jobs out there and WCC's Center for Career Success is helping students find those jobs. Make an appointment in your student dashboard, call 734-677-5155 and leave a message or email them at

Learning Resources

Learning Support Services

WCC Accommodations/Learning Support Services: Complete the  Service Request Form, call 734-973-3342 or email

Remote Learning

For all remote learning and tutoring resources,  see the WCC Remote Resources in Blackboard. 

For Students from Foster Care

We offer resources and support to students who have been in foster care. See our REACH services.

For Community Members

Washtenaw County is rich in resources that exist to help residents with physical and emotional needs.

Can't find a resource here? Call the United Way 211 Line

They know every resource in the county. Dial 211 or


Take the
Next Step