February 3-7, 2020
This event brings together university and industry partners along with the WCC community to share their expertise and experiences regarding STEM/STEAM careers and opportunities. Interactive workshops, scientific and relevant career presentations, documentaries, campus tours of labs/work spaces and demonstrations will be featured. STEAM Week will also offer games, raffles, prizes, food and informational tables for all to enjoy.
Day 1, February 3: GENERAL STEAM DAY … WHAT’S GOING ON?
Participate in a STEAM Challenge workshop with aerospace engineer and former WCC student, Aisha Bowe. Explore the STEAM career carousel and build an interesting gadget while participating in a campus wide-scavenger hunt.
Day 2, February 4: COMPUTER/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Find out about vulnerabilities that exist in connected and autonomous vehicles and how WCC is planning on training students to hack vehicles in order to make them more secure!
Day 3, February 5: AEROSPACE, SUSTAINABILITY AND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGIES
Construct bridges with the Graduate Society of Women Engineers and attend an interactive workshop facilitated by Michigan Aerospace Corp!
Day 4, February 6: HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Learn about careers in chemistry and forensic science, take a tour WCC allied health labs,
learn about the biology of disease!
Day 5, February 7: ADVANCED TRANSPORTATION &MANUFACTURING
- Key note speakers: Adam Zemke, Michigan House of Representatives and Zachyre Van Buren, Automotive Engineering technician, former WCC student.
- Attend a fast-paced and exciting TEN80 race, meet members from the UM mROVER team
and check out the Polaris Slingshot.
- Learn about STEM/STEAM career options and opportunities.
- Engage in fun and interesting hands-on activities that convey what it is like to work in a collaborative and creative environment.
- Attend interesting talks and demonstrations given by experts from academia and industry.
Who is It For?
- Washtenaw Community College community: students, faculty, staff and WTMC students
- Livingston and Washtenaw County high school juniors and seniors
- Livingston and Washtenaw County community /li>
When & Where?
- February 3–7 (Monday–Friday), 8:30am–1:30pm
- Washtenaw Community College, 4800 E. Huron River Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Select link to the right for
specific session locations.