Orientation helps you get your WCC experience off on the right foot by introducing you to resources and technology, academic planning tools, tips for success, your success team and more!
If you're ready to get acclimated to campus, let's get started!
Attending orientation will help you:
- Understand WCC resources, opportunities, policies and procedures.
- Formulate academic and personal goals for your first semester and plan for adjustment that will be unique to your college experience.
- Feel supported through your enrollment and college transition experience.
- Connect to peer-to-peer experiences that promote connection to the WCC.
- Be aware of support services and resources available to you.
Orientation is required on the application checklist for all first-time students. As a first-time student, you can register for orientation through your MyWCC account. If you have issues accessing your account, please contact the Student Welcome Center at email@example.com or dial 734-973-3543.
These hour-long webinar sessions are led by members of the WCC onboarding team through Zoom. Virtual or in-person orientation does satisfy requirement.
|Select Saturdays||11 a.m.|
New Students log-in:
Other Student Types log-in:
The orientation connect session is an hour-long session lead by members of the WCC onboarding team. Sessions are held in SC 302 on the selective days below.
|Thursday||11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.|
|Select Saturdays||1 p.m.|
We've designed our self-paced orientation review for you to learn about all things WCC such as important policies, procedures and tools to help you succeed. Please note that all new, first time students must attend a live orientation in order to complete the application checklist but can use the self-paced option for continued reference.
Questions about Orientation?
Questions about Zoom or Blackboard?
Meet the student ambassadors who will be leading your orientation.
As an admitted WCC student, you will have immediate access to Blackboard, the college’s learning management system. Accessing Blackboard for Orientation is easy! Just follow the instructions below:
- Visit www.wccnet.edu and sign into to your WCC Gateway Student Dashboard in the upper right hand corner
- Once signed in, click the “Blackboard” tile
- One clicking the Blackboard tile, you will be directed to the main landing page of blackboard. Once here, you can find the Orientation course on the left hand side of the page under “Course List”
- Find and choose “New Student Online Orientation”
Additional Sessions for:
If you’re studying in WCC on an F1 visa, welcome! You’ll attend this orientation to learn about the requirements specific to your status.