The Public Safety department relies upon all members of the campus community to assist in making the campus a safe place by reporting emergencies and suspected criminal activity immediately to the Public Safety department.
- Call campus emergency: 734-973-3411
- Call extension 3411 from a campus telephone. Free campus “House Phones” are located in the lobbies and hallways of campus buildings.
- Email us: email@example.com
- Report a concern anonymously.
Public Safety department staff are available 24 hours a day to respond to emergency calls.
When notifying the Public Safety department of a potential emergency or suspected criminal activity, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Type of incident or activity, location of incident, description of persons involved (if criminal in nature).
- Suspected injury or condition (if medical emergency).
- Your name, location, and the number you’re calling from.
This information will aid Public Safety department staff in their response and subsequent handling of the incident. You should remain available to assist the Public Safety department staff with any required additional information once they arrive. Public Safety department staff will notify additional medical and/or law enforcement support as needed.
Under the Clery Act, certain College officials with specified job titles or defined job functions are designated as Campus Security Authorities (CSA), and have federally mandated responsibilities to collect and report certain incidents or crimes reported to them by students and employees.
Download the CSA Reporting Form (PDF). Each completed form is sent to the WCC Public Safety office.