The Part-Time Faculty Commons is a one-stop resource center designed to promote student-to-instructor interaction and provide instructional support for part-time faculty. Offering a variety of spaces and services, the “Commons” is dedicated to the support of our part-time instructors. Some of its most popular amenities include copy machines, a computer lab, and individual workspaces.
Within the Commons, part-time instructors consult with students, prepare for class at computerized workstations, and access copying and word processing services. The Commons provides an inviting atmosphere and gathering place for part-time faculty to consult with colleagues on instructional matters and access resources on effective teaching and learning practices. It also serves as the Teaching and Learning Center communication hub for the entire campus.
It is conveniently located on the first floor of the Crane Liberal Arts and Sciences Building.
Orientation for New Part-time Faculty
Orientation occurs every Fall semester with informative presentations on WCC resources and services that benefit part-time faculty and their students.
Ways to use the Part-time Commons
- While on campus use "My WCC" web to access faculty web services
- Document preparation of class materials prepared by the excellent word processing staff. (WCC exclusively supports Microsoft Office.)
- Get answers to questions about the College's programs, services, and resources from knowledgeable Commons staff.
- Receive your college mail in your official college mailbox for designated departments
- Assignment drop box is available outside of LA 141.
- In office copiers available for faculty to duplicate small copying jobs or drop off larger copying jobs for Campus Copy Center's pickup service. (Note: All copy jobs require a copy card, which may be requested from your department chair.)
- Send and/or receive electronic communications via e-mail or FAX.
- Check out one of the latest books on teaching or topics related to your area of instruction.
- Provide times of availability and contact information for your students.
- Use one of the PCs or Macs in the computer lab.
- Submit your final grades via the web and pick up your final grade audit rosters.
|Monday to Thursday||8 a.m. to 4:30p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
Crane Liberal Arts and Sciences Building