International Resources

Students at Washtenaw Community College (WCC) are offered many resources to make their time here a successful and memorable experience.

Placement Testing

Washtenaw Community College uses a few different tests (Accuplacer for Reading and Writing, ALEKS for Math, and CaMLA EPT for ESL)to determine your appropriate course levels.  Please review the following information about the different tests or assessments that you could possibly take.

International Student Association (ISA)

The ISA is a student-run organization that focuses on the diversity that the campus of WCC has to offer. Accepting of all students, regardless of their background, the ISA strives to promote youth and leadership through understanding the cultural differences and provides students “a home away from home.”  Click to contact the students via their Facebook Page or send a personal email to the Board of Leaders below.



Loans are often limited for international students while studying in the United States.  There are, however, a few options to pursue.  Below will reference some options that students have.  Make sure to read all of the repayment and interest notifications presented.

International Student Loans

Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund


Washtenaw Community College can provide support in students applying for larger, national and regional scholarships.  Below, is a list of scholarships international students are eligible to apply for.  Make sure to pay attention to the deadlines and apply early!

High School Excellence Scholarship

International Peace Scholarship for Women


International Student Website Scholarship Search Engine

Jack Kent Cook Scholarship

LewerMark Essay Scholarship

NinjaEssays Writing Contest

F-1 Student Resources


Each F-1 international student is required to have medical insurance for themselves and any dependent they may have with them while taking classes at Washtenaw Community College.  WCC does not provide any specific service or recommendations, however, if you stop by the International Student Center or Admissions information can be provided on what is required for you to have from your insurance provider.

Tax Information

Each year, by April 18th, international students are required to complete their taxes.  Either way, students will be required to complete some documentation for taxes.  Students who have not worked, or have worked in the previous tax year but made less than $3,000 will still need to complete the Form 8843.  Students who have worked and made over $3,000 are required to complete their Federal and State taxes, in addition to their Form 8843.  Contact the International Student Center if you are one of these students and need assistance.