Student Success Program
The New Student Success Program is designed to ease the transition to Washtenaw Community College (WCC) and help students identify and develop the skills needed to meet educational and career goals. This is accomplished by providing support and resources to increase students’ success and engagement at WCC.
- Personalized support from a Success Coach throughout the enrollment process, as well as during the first year of college.
- Support and encouragement from peer mentors who have been successful at completing their first year of college.
- Special workshops and events designed to “round out” your college experience with team building and leadership opportunities, financial and career workshops, etc.
- Help in developing the skills and habits of independent, successful learners.
- Assistance with connecting to various resources on campus.
- The opportunity to build a greater sense of community with other first year students.
- The chance to earn a book scholarship of $200 for your second semester!
- An invitation to the end of the year Awards Dinner to celebrate your accomplishments.
- Complete the program application:
Fall semester Application Deadline: August 10
- If you are accepted into the program, you’ll be asked to come to the mandatory meet and greet session where you’ll have the opportunity to meet with fellow students and Success Coach.
- As a mentee you will also be required to complete a pre and post self-evaluation as well as a survey to earn the book scholarship.
- Meet with a Success Coach at least once a month.
- Attend at least 1 academic and 1 social event on campus. This will help you connect with other students in the program!
- Adhere to the attendance policy of the program.
- Show progress towards the goals you set at the beginning of the semester.