Voicemail – New User’s Guide
Logging into your Mailbox the First Time to Set Pass code and Record Name
- Dial *17
- Enter your extension number and press #.
- Your Password by default is #. Press the # key.
- You are asked to enter a new password. Enter a new password and press #. Your password cannot be the same as your extension number or a set of repeated digits or consecutive numbers.
- Re-enter the new password and press #. You can change the password at a later date if you would like using the instruction of changing your password.
- Record your name when you are prompted. You can record your name again later if you would like following the instructions of recording your name.
- Press 1 at the tone, speak your name.
- Press 1 again. Your recording is played back
- Either press # to accept the recording or 1 to record again.
- The prompts tell you what to do. For help at any time press *4. To return to activity menu press *7. If you are at the end of a menu, you can press # to return to the previous menu. You can now hang up.
Next you must Record a Greeting for you callers
- Log back into your mailbox by press *17 and login with your new pass code.
- Press 3 to select personal greetings
- Press 1 to create a greeting
- Press 1 for Greeting number 1, there are (1-9 different greetings you could record)
- Start speaking at the tone to record your greeting, once you have finished press 1.
- Press # to confirm and save greeting, and then activate greeting to play for all calls.
Logging into your Mailbox after the First Time
- Dial *17 or you may use your Visual Voice button
- Enter your extension (Mailbox) number press #.
- Enter your voicemail password and press #. After you log in, the voice prompts tell you what to do.
Logging in Remotely
- Dial your Direct Number or extension Number, or have someone transfer you to your extension, or you may dial the main number
- Wait for the voicemail system to respond and ask you to leave a message.
- After the tone, do not leave a message but press #. In some case, you may hear the prompt No message to save.
- Dial *7. You are asked to select the mailbox that you require.
- Enter your own extension number and press #.
- When prompted enter your mailbox password and press #. You hear a summary of your voicemail messages as normal.
Note: You can also dial the Backdoor Number to voicemail ____________then dial * the system will prompt you to enter your mailbox and passcode.
Listening to your Messages
- Log in to your mailbox. The number of new messages is announced. The announcement tells you how many of those messages priority messages are.
- Press 2 to receive your messages. Alternatively, you can press 7 to quickly scan through your messages.
- If any of your messages are faxes, you can press*1 to forward them.
- When you listen to your messages you have the following options:
- Skip the message header and listen to message: Press 0
- Reply to or Forward Message: Press 1
- Forward a fax message: Press *1
- Restart Message: Press 2
- Pause/Resume: Press 3
- Rewind 5 seconds: Press 5
- Advance 5 seconds: Press 6
- Restart: Press *5
- Skip Message: Press #
- Replay Header: Press 23
- Delete and continue to next message: Press *3
- Restore the message that you just deleted: Press **8
- Leave message in current category and skip to next: Press **4
- Back to previous message: Press *2
- Skip to next category of messages: Press *#
- Hang up and end voicemail: Press**9
To Send a New Message
While you listen to your messages, press 1.
Press 4. You are prompted to record your new message. Record your comment and press # to finish recording.
You are prompted for the forwarding addresses.
While you enter addresses, you can press *2 to switch between entering an address by extension number or by matching a user name.
Enter Mailbox number (or dial the required name) and then press #
Repeat until you have entered all the mailboxes to which you want to forward the message
To select and add a mailing list, Press *5. You are asked to enter the mailbox number of the mailing lists owner and then the number of the list.
To delete the last number entered, Press *3.
Press # again to finish addressing.
Select any of the following options:
To Mark the forward message as private: press 1
To Mark the forward message as priority: press 2
To send the forward message: press #
Transferring outside Callers Directly to someone’s Voicemail box
While you are on the phone with the caller, press your Message Button
Enter the Extension number you would like to transfer the caller to.
Press Select. Hang up.
When Accessing your voicemail through Visual Voice Button (Message Button) No voice prompts are heard, Prompt actions are shown in your window display for Playing the messages, with the buttons below the display corresponding to the options. Once logged into Visual Voice Press Select and follow prompts shown in the display for listening to messages. When completed listening to message you can press the more Button below the window display to see the options for Deleting, Saving etc.
9608G Quick Reference Guide
9608G Login Help
J129 Login Help