Question: I am using Excel 2010 and I want to view two spreadsheets side by side in two separate windows, but each time I try…they both open in the same window. HELP!
Answer: You are in luck, because there is a way around this!
Example: Chart.xls and Yearly Sales.xls opened side by side in two separate windows.
To Open 2 Separate Excel Files in 2 Separate Windows:
- Open your first Excel file and move it to the side of your preferred location.
- Right Click the Excel icon on the Taskbar .
- Click Microsoft Excel 2010 .
- A new Excel window will open, move it to the other side.
- Click File, and then Click Open to navigate to your 2nd file.