The Foundation awards over 500 need-based scholarships to students each year. Scholarships are awarded three times each year, for Fall, Winter, and Spring/Summer semesters. Learn more about WCC Foundation scholarships.
Deadline: Oct 10 – Winter Semester
Applications are available online:
Before you begin filling out the Foundation Scholarship Application, check the following guidelines to determine eligibility:
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required. The Federal School Code for WCC is 002328.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in classes relevant to the applicant’s area of study. Applicants with less than a 2.0 may also be considered, but only with a recommendation from counseling. If applicant is a new student, please ask instructor to forward interim grades or submit high school transcripts.
- Applicant can attach one recommendation from instructors/counselors/employers or a professional who can address your ability to succeed in an academic environment. This letter is not mandatory but highly recommended.
- Applicant must attach a typed personal statement of your academic and career goals. Please include (in brief) why you should receive a scholarship (150 word maximum).
- Incomplete applications or applications received after Oct 10, 2017 will not be reviewed.
Please contact your academic advisor for further information.